Peter is the Director in charge of Hurst Warnes commercial agency, investment and development services at both the Woking and Farnborough offices.
He has over 33 years of experience and contacts within the M3 and M4 property markets. He started his real estate career at Crowne Life Insurance in Woking and then worked in Fleet at Pilgrim Miller & Partners where he became a Partner until 1995. In 1995 Peter formed a new commercial surveying practice Atkinson Richards with Nick Atkinson. In 2008 the company merged with Hurst Warne.
Peter has extensive knowledge of the key commercial property markets along the M3 and M4 corridors in particular within the Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire regions. He advises numerous corporate clients, property owners and investors on their property assets and liabilities including acquisition and disposal strategy. He also has a wealth of experience and contacts in the development and investments markets in both commercial and residential property.
Peter opened our Hurst Warne Woking office in 2011 which has now expanded following the acquisition of Morgan Smithyes in 2015. Peter continues to work actively between both the Farnborough and Woking offices which cover the northern sector of the M3 property market.
Expertise Commercial Property Disposals (Sales and Leasing)
- Commercial Property Acquisitions (Tenant Representation)
- Commercial Property Investment (Acquisitions and Sales)
- Commercial and Residential Development and Planning
- Investment acquisition / disposal and asset management advice including; acquisition of a £8m industrial estate in Camberley for Surrey Heath Borough Council, a 35,000 sq ft office investment sold in Camberley for Valad and two office investments sold in Fleet and Farnborough for a private family investment company.
- Asset management, lease renewal and letting advice for investors including Chancerygate, DEPAM, Blackrock, SEGRO, Schroders, Orchard Street IM, AEW as well as many private investors and property companies.
- Commercial development sales / acquisitions including the sale of 3 acres of commercial development land in Fleet, 1 acre site sold in Aldershot for a KFC drive in 70,000 sq ft office refurbishment sold in Bracknell and a 1 acre residential site sold in Bracknell town centre.
- Property asset disposal / acquisition for corporate clients including 120,000 sq ft manufacturing premises in Paignton Devon for AVX Kyocera, 105,000 warehouse in Eastleigh for Just Data Ltd and 80,000 sq ft offices in Hatfield and Potters Bar for Mylan UK.
- Office building lettings and sales; recent examples include 60,000 sq ft on Bartley Wood BP Hook, 150,000 sq ft of offices along the M3 corridor sold for residential PD refurbishment, 12,000 sq ft offices let in West Byfleet and 30,000 sq ft of office disposals in Woking.
- Co-brokerage arrangements with US Real Estate brokers and advisers where their corporate clients require independent non-conflicted property advice throughout the UK.
- Road side, Pub and Trade properties for developers or occupiers. Recent examples include a portfolio review of 30 pubs for development and investment opportunities, a prime 1 acre roadside site in Aldershot and a 3 acre trade/roadside site in Bracknell.